Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Fall Review

I was looking back through pictures and realized that I haven't posted all that many on here recently. So now you get to be bombarded with them. Here is a review of what all we've been up to this fall:

A couple weeks ago I had the privilege of attending a bridal shower for my college roommate. I'm super excited for her and it was great to see some friends from college that I haven't seen in a super long time. 

In my effort to be more creative in my play with Benjamin, we found a fun recipe for super slime and Benjamin loved it! Purple seems to be a favorite color of his these days, so he wanted purple slime. His favorite part of this was making gloves out of the slime and clapping with them.

What is life without fun costumes? A few years ago we attended a costume party as George and Martha Washington. Since that was in our pre-child phase, I had more time to run around to different Goodwills picking things up. We didn't have nearly as much time this year, so I used super cheap cloth, iron on seam tape, and some hot glue to assemble our Fred and Wilma Flintstone costumes. And I totally enjoyed being a redhead for the night!


One of my favorite things about fall is going to a farm or pumpkin patch. This year we went with the mom's group I am a member of. You never know what the weather is going to be like in October, but this year was perfect! We took two of my sisters and had a blast! Benjamin loved the giant air-filled jumping pillow and the huge corn filled sand box. We also all enjoyed winding our way through the corn maze.
Getting covered with corn - this stuff was coming out of his clothes all the way home and even turned up in the washer and dryer. :) 
Loving the Jumping Pillow!
This was Benjamin's first time to be brave enough to feed an animal. We've attempted many petting zoo type things in the past and he has been terrified. This time he was in love with the tiny pony and kept feeding it all evening.
 Taking a ride on the corn train.
 More Jumping Pillow action.
 My sisters Abby and Bekah mid-jump.


In mid-October we took our first family vacation since Benjamin was born. It was wonderful! We rented a condo in Gatlinburg, TN and enjoyed the beauty of the mountains as well as some gorgeous hiking. Again, we were blessed by amazing weather.
Taking a ride on the luggage cart!
On our way to Gatlinburg, we stopped to vist my grandpa and his wife Vivar. Less than two weeks later, the Lord took her home, so we felt blessed to have gotten to see her one last time.
Scenic hiking in Smokey Mountain National Park
We only did one major hike while we were on vacation, but it was an eight mile one. Four miles up and four back down. Benjamin was a trooper and hiked about seven of those miles.

We took a tram from Gatlinburg up to a lookout area and enjoyed some beautiful views.
 This was the view from our condo. It was breathtaking. I could get used to waking up to this kind of view.


I was blessed this fall to get to see a friend I haven't seen in years. Both of these girls were some of my best friends from high school.



I've been on an organizing and decluttering kick lately and one day I looked at our bakers rack and just couldn't stand it. Everything in my house is pretty much dark wood, or dark metal, but this was off-white. So I was looking at it and it suddenly dawned on me that I could spray paint it. It is now a beautiful oiled rubbed bronze and I love it! Yay for only spending $10 to get a fresh new look.

And lastly, we have discovered that underwear makes a great mask. Haha!

No comments: