Monday, August 27, 2012

Benjamin Funnies

It's been a while since I've posted any of these. I wish I was better about recording them because I think I could make a whole book.

-Saturday morning was Ben's first practice for soccer this fall. We were filling water bottles before heading out the door and this was our conversation:
Ben asked: Will there be vampires at soccer?
Me, a bit puzzled by the question: No, there won't be vampires.
Ben: Oh, those are only at football games.
Me: Oh, do you mean umpires?
Ben: Yeah, umpires

So, yeah, we are a bit confused about our sports, but we'll get there. And yes, I did explain that umpires were in baseball.


-Sunday afternoon we went to lunch with my family after church. Ben was, well, lets just say, very spirited throughout the meal. I seem to have suddenly become allergic to being outside and was feeling fuzzy headed and extremely tired. So by the time we left, all I wanted to do was crawl in bed and sleep. Ben was asking question after question on the way home and after answering a few, I finally said "Ben, can you please just not talk right now. Mommy's really tired." To which he replied "But I have to talk, that's how I breathe." Matt and I looked at each other and he said "Wow, that explains so much!" Ha!



-And then there was Sunday night. Ben was in our room with Matt.

Ben: Daddy, your bed looks really comfortable. Maybe someday I'll have a comfortable bed.
Matt: I think your bed is pretty comfortable too.
Ben: It's cold. Your bed is more comfortable because mommy is in it.

So essentially he was saying that someday he'll have a comfortable bed because someday he'll get married and have someone to sleep in bed with. :-)


No comments: