Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Do What I Say, Not What I Do...

Benjamin at the table with his mouth stuffed with bread: "I want a banana. I want somethin' else. I want a banana. I want a banana. I want somethin' else."

Mommy, whose had a crazy stressful* afternoon and just wants some silence: "Don't talk with your mouth full."

Mommy starts laughing and nearly chokes on the huge mouthful of salad she put into her mouth right before she told Benjamin not to talk with his mouth full. Daddy realizes what Mommy has done and laughs too, causing Benjamin to think he's done something amazing, so he laughs hysterically.



*Crazy afternoon includes finding Benjamin, who I thought was playing so well outside, sitting on the back patio with the contents of my purse spread out around him. Pink lipstick smears covered the contents of my purse, mixed in with hand sanitizer and lotion. Lovely!

No comments: