Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mother's Day

This week the anticipation of celebrating Mother's Day for the first time (for me) has me on a bit of an emotional roller coaster. I'm thrilled to be a mommy and to celebrate that this year! God has blessed me so much with my precious son. But as I look with excitement at this coming Sunday, I am reminded that so many women are still in that place of yearning. So many women will go to church this Sunday with tears just beneath the surface, hoping no one says anything to them about the day so that the floodgate of tears doesn't open up completely. That was me last year. I almost didn't even want to go to church. I had cried through church the three years prior, and I was determined to be stoic last year. I thought I had it together, and then someone asked if we had heard anything on our adoption and told me that maybe next year I would be a mommy. Next year didn't seem good enough, so I cried through the entire service. The lady sitting next to me was visiting and she must have thought I was a mess. As it turned out, next year is now and I am a mommy. But my heart goes out to the women who are in that unknown desert of longing. So if you think of it this Sunday, please pray for those women you may know who desire so desperately to be mothers.

"He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion -to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." ~Isaiah 61:2-3


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: