Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Benjamin

One year ago today we were on our way to Austin, TX to witness the birth of Benjamin Priestley. I really cannot believe it's been a year. It seems like just yesterday that Matt and I were at the hospital feeling anxious and excited and nervous all at the same time. It seems like just yesterday that I held my precious son in my arms for the very first time and wondered if it was all for real. It seems like just yesterday that we had to leave the hospital without Benjamin and keep our hearts guarded wondering if he would really be our son. Those were long days and nights. This week holds two celebrations for us. Today is the day of Benjamin's birth. July 3rd will mark the day of Benjamin becoming our son. We just love him so much! God has been so merciful in allowing us to be Benjamin's parents. Thank you to all of you who have given your encouragement and shared in our excitement over the past year.

No comments: