Monday, September 8, 2008

I am a runner (or at least a jogger)

Somehow I have managed to go this entire week without taking any pictures. Benjamin did manage to climb up on a kitchen chair and then proceed to the table, but I was too concerned with his possible falling to remember to get the camera. Other than that, it's been a pretty ordinary week. Except that I ran nine miles last Saturday. I was on the treadmill this morning running and it suddenly dawned on me that in the last 3 months I have run over 200 miles and that in the next 2 1/2 months I will run about 240 more. I have never considered myself to be a runner, or even really a jogger, but I guess for the time being I get to qualify for that title. yay! Matt and I went downtown Saturday night to drive the route for the Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon. I' m pretty excited! I'm so amazed by the body's ability to adapt to exercise. When I first began training for this, I thought I was going to die after running 4 miles. Then I thought for sure I would never make it to 6, and this past week, I was sure I would collapse on the pavement after 9. But I'm excited to know that in two weeks, I will be able to run 10, and on November 16th, I will run 13.1. Then it will be over, and I will no longer be a runner or jogger because I'm ready for something new. :)

No comments: