Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yet Another Trip Away

I feel like every time I blog, we have just returned from a trip somewhere. It's been a very busy summer! But here we are again, having just gotten back from Indiana again and attempting to get back to normal routine. Ahh yes, but what is normal anyway? I'm realizing once again that I can so easily fill my schedule up with house cleaning, cooking, decluttering, errands, and gym time that I leave myself no room for playtime with Benjamin. So my new "normal" is me trying to get my priorities back in line. I even finally tried my hand at making gluten free play dough, which was immediately turned into cement mixers, buses, cars, and caves. Very fun. Benjamin is finally beginning to grasp the concept of colors, so I think we will be doing a new color of play dough at least once a month.

My plan for next week was to begin potty training, but my once eager toddler has now decided that sitting on the potty is scary. I'm not sure why, but the one time he went #2 scared him and now, even though he still tells me when he has to go, he throws an all out fit when I ask him it he wants to sit on the potty. So, maybe we'll wait a little longer.

I've been getting tickled all this week by Benjamin's attempt at manners. He is getting to be quite the well mannered child. :) I give him something he's asked for and he says "welcome." He gives me something I've asked for and says "Thank You." So, we have it a little backwards, but we're working on it. Today he burped and said excuse me and I almost laughed out loud. It's just too cute to hear his little voice saying "scuse me."

And our last bit of news is that we are officially in the middle of paperwork for our second adoption. We started it at the beginning of July, but each of us has to have a physical and my regular doctor doesn't do all the lab work needed, so I had to find a new one. Because of that, I wasn't able to schedule mine until mid August. But, yesterday they called me to tell me that my appointment had been canceled. I was pretty upset at first as the appointment had been made over two weeks before and I figured they wouldn't be able to get me in until probably September. But, they had an opening with a different doctor in the practice for this next Tuesday, so woohoo! We should have all of our paperwork ready to send in by the end of next week. I'm SO excited! Now to be patient in the waiting for Benjamin's little brother or sister.

Well, I have a LOT of pictures to post from our trip to IN, so I think I'm going to put them in a separate post.

No comments: