Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chocolate!!


Well our week of chocolate was not supposed to begin until tomorrow or possibly Monday, but today was a crazy day with three showings on our house and Matt having to go in to work at 11:45. Benjamin missed his nap due to the house showings, so he went to bed early and since Matt is still at work, what was I supposed to do but whip up something yummy for him to come home to after what I imagine has been a stressful day. So, let the week (plus a day or so) of chocolate begin!

These little cupcakes are a new recipe I tried a few weeks ago that you can find here. I followed the cupcake recipe, but used 1/4 cup honey instead of 1/2 c agave and also used melted coconut oil instead of grapeseed oil. I love that these are a little lower in sugar than the typical cake and that they still taste yummy and chocolaty.

For the frosting, I melted 1/4 cup 60% cacao chocolate chips and beat them with 3 Tablespoons of butter. Then I added about 1/2 c whipping cream and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. They weren't chocolaty enough for me, so I also added 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder, but I should have added that before the cream because I ended up over beating the cream and got a little more of a grainy look for the frosting than I was hoping for. But the flavor was delicious, so over whipped or not, it went on the cupcakes. Now I just need to wait for Matt to get home so we can eat one up. Mmmmm. Chocolate truly does make life feel happier.

No comments: