Tuesday, June 12, 2012

From Four Wheels to Two

A few months ago, Ben started talking about riding his bike with no training wheels. We got him his bike last summer for his birthday and about a week later, I started having morning sickness. Since we were in an apartment without the best places for bike riding without me there, he didn't get as much practice as I would have liked. So, when we moved to our house, he spent a lot of time riding his bike up and down the driveway and on the sidewalk. I still wasn't sure he was ready for no training wheels, but he was insistent, so I took them off and we gave it a try. Our first attempt was on grass, but he did so well, I let him go right to the road in front of our house. I got him started and after a few times of having difficulty balancing, he got the feel for it and took off. He's so grown up!



No comments: