Monday, September 30, 2013

Elijah's First Haircut

My sweet baby boy is growing up much faster than I would like him to. I find myself clinging to the little bit of baby that's left in him. And one of those things I clung to for a long time was his little baby curls. It took Elijah quite a while to get hair at all, and then what he had was wispy and so blond that it hardly looked like it was there. But a couple of months ago, it started getting longer and I had to think about that first haircut that would take him from looking like a baby to looking like a toddler. I wasn't ready at first. I didn't want to do it myself because I didn't feel like I could cut those sweet little curls off. I looked into taking him somewhere, and actually planned to make a trip to Indy to take him to a fun little place just for kids. They would take his before and after picture, save that first lock of hair, and we would get a little certificate as a keepsake. They also have fun little chairs for the kids to sit in, so I figured it would be a fun way to mark the first cut. But we have been crazy busy on the weekends for the past several months and this month is no different, so I finally decided I could handle doing the cut myself. And so my little baby looks all grown up now.









The day after he got his hair cut, Elijah kept reaching up to his ears like it felt funny not to have hair there anymore.

1 comment: