Friday, May 1, 2009

A Trip to the Country

Last weekend Matt had a three day weekend, so we decided to take a much needed trip out to the Hill Country. I love the conveniences of living in the city, but sometimes I just need to hear nothing but the birds and to smell things untainted by exhaust fumes and to have it so dark I cannot see anything when the lights are turned out at night. It was truly refreshing. The weather was not the greatest, but we enjoyed a nice long hike at the state park in the rain. We were pretty muddy by the end, but it was just so nice to be out in the middle of nowhere. I had my birthday while we were there and my husband spoiled me all weekend. Not sure what it is about my birthday, but I kind of turn into a five year old and get really excited. We actually came back home on my birthday and Matt gave me the day off from all cooking and cleaning and caring for Benjamin. It was wonderful!

Here are a few pictures from our trip:
Benjamin getting sunscreened up for our rainy day hike - never know what that Texas sun can do, even on a cloudy day
Sunscreen Mohawk
Benjamin spent the first 4 miles of our hike in the Kozy Carrier
Fascinated by the fish in the river
Me and my sweet boy!
My boys throwing rocks in the river that was across the highway from our cabin
Silly Face!
So SweetAll boy!
The Entrance to our little cabin/cottage

1 comment:

ChristaD said...

Those pictures of super cute Sharon. I am glad you guys were able to get away from it all and have some time for relaxing and enjoying nature. It looks like benjamin enjoyed it as well.