Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Schlitterbahn!!!

I just got back from grocery shopping, and while this has nothing to do with our trip to the local water park, I thought perhaps someone else could use a laugh at my expense. I was at my absolute favorite grocery store and feeling so happy to be finding grapes and peaches for only 49 cents/lb and heads of romaine lettuce for only 88 cents each. I love getting good deals! But then today they had tons of samples. I resisted them all except for the smoked Gouda popcorn. Made with non-GMO corn and mostly natural other ingredients, I simply couldn't resist it and decided it would make a fun treat for this week's popcorn and movie night. So, I grabbed a bag off the sample table and headed for the checkout. I just got home a few minutes ago and discovered that I must have grabbed the actual sample bag. It was opened and more than half gone (and no, I did not eat any). How could I have done that without noticing you might ask? Well, I'm asking myself the same thing. Can I blame it on mommy brain? OK, so maybe not, but at least you're laughing right? :)

Now, onto the actual post itself. This past weekend we decided to take a family trip to a water park not to far from us called Schlitterbahn. We have talked about going with Benjamin ever since he was born, and even this summer we weren't sure he was old enough to enjoy it. But we got to thinking about the fact that for all we know, we could be welcoming another baby into our family by next summer and then discovered that this summer is the last one where Benjamin is free, so we decided to go for it. And we were so glad we did! Benjamin has always loved the water and I think he thought he could live at Schlitterbahn. It's a great park for kids! There were at least four kids areas where he could do things on his own, which was big for him in his independant stage. Then there was another area with bigger slides that we could do with him and he loved it! We did ride one family ride that was fun, but probably less than 30 seconds total and not worth the wait. The really nice thing about all the other things we did was that there was no wait for any of it. I wish I had more pictures, but well, water and camera's don't mix too well and most of the time our camera was in the locker on the other side of the park, so you'll just have to imagine all the fun we had based on the few pictures we did take.
Rope ladder up to the kiddie slide

Loving the slides!

Benjamin wasn't too happy about having to be out of the water to take this picture
We never actually used this tube, but it was fun for a picture

After a very full day of play, he was asleep within minutes of leaving the park

1 comment:

Just Believing said...

Great pictures! Looks like so much fun!