Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy Adoption Day!

Two years ago today we went before a judge in Dallas, Texas and finalized Benjamin's adoption. I can hardly believe it's been that long already. We debated a little about whether to celebrate his placement date or his finalization date and while we will probably always make a big deal about both, we have decided that we will probably make a bigger deal about the finalization date since placement was just three days after his birthday. So tonight we are celebrating with some of his little friends, pepperoni pizza (his request) and cupcakes. He's super excited and woke up this morning telling me it was adoption party day. I don't think he fully grasps the concept of adoption yet, but he's definitely getting small parts of it. I love to talk to him about his story and telling it always reminds me what an amazing gift we have been given in being his parents. Happy Adoption Day Benjamin. I love you so much!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Adoption to Benjamin (and you!!!).

Just Believing said...

OMgoodness that is so cute and just elts my heart! I can't wait for Faith's first finalization day!!!