Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Reflection

Christmas was so much fun this year. I feel so blessed! This was one of the hardest years for me to get in the Christmas mood, but the Lord truly gave me joy last week as we celebrated as a family. We enjoyed 4 whole days together as a family with no major plans and it was wonderful!

We started off the week with good news that Matt passed his first section of the CPA exam. Praise the Lord! With all of our adoption related travels in November and with the craziness of adoption preparation in October, we weren't sure whether Matt would be able to get enough study time in to pass it. But we know that the Lord was merciful through all that we had going on and allowed Matt to be able to pass and pass well. God is good!

Wednesday night we went to our church's Christmas Eve service. I love candlelight services and singing Christmas carols and hearing the Christmas story. It's such a great way to keep my mind focused on what Christmas is truly about. This years service was a little hard for me because I kept thinking of how I had thought we would have a new little one to share the Christmas season with this year. For some reason singing carols and hearing about the hope we have in Christ because of his birth, death and resurrection got me to thinking about Jack and hoping that someday he would put his trust in the Lord. But God was my comforter that night and I'm constantly learning to trust that He is watching over Sarah, Jack and her family.

Benjamin was up early Christmas morning and well, sometimes on Christmas morning I turn into a 5 year old and get so excited about opening gifts I can't sleep late either. So we got Benjamin up and went downstairs and got him a light breakfast and made Christmas tea for us while we read the Christmas story. I was so excited about Benjamin's gifts this year because I knew he was finally old enough to enjoy the opening of presents. The Lord blessed us SO much this year with gifts for him. We had a very limited budget for Christmas this year due to many things, so we had two gifts for Benjamin that I had managed to find used. But our tree was full of gifts from others for Benjamin. I don't know what it is, but the sight of a tree with lots of gifts under it just makes me excited. I know Christmas is not about the presents, but I guess I still get excited about them. :)

After we opened gifts we had our traditional breakfast of cinnamon rolls. I tried a new recipe this year for Mini Maple Cinnamon Rolls and they were fabulous! I love traditions! I have been making cinnamon rolls just about every Christmas since we got married and I love that it's become one of our very own family traditions.

The rest of the weekend was very relaxing. We read books and watched a couple of movies and cared for Benjamin who got sick the day after Christmas. Poor little kiddo. But he is doing much better this week.

I couldn't decide which pictures to post, so I posted a ton. :)
We bought this tree at Walmart this year for $20. It's great to have a cheap tree with a toddler!
Benjamin dumping his stocking
Finding his treasures

I love this face!
And this one too!

The animal crackers were a big hit!
Opening his first gift from Grandpa and Grandma Anderson

Reading the book he got from Aunt Vicki
Lots of noisy toys!

Cute Old Navy jeans from Aunt Rachel
Chillin' out with a banana
Playing with his new Wedgits
Me attempting to remove a toy from it's Packaging
Benjamin loves trucks!

No comments: