Well, I never usually do those little things where you get tagged to tell this or that many things about yourself, but I was in the mood to do it today after I was tagged on Facebook, so I did. Since I spent so much time on it, I thought I would post it here for those of you who are not on Facebook.
The Rules were that I was supposed to post 25 random facts, interests, habits, or goals about myself. So, here they are:
1. I never usually do these things, but just for fun, I am doing this one
2. I love the way the Lord pursues me and teaches me, even when I'm stubborn and proud and that He never lets go of me, but keeps His promise never to leave me.
3. My dream has always been to be a mommy, ever since I was a little girl. God took me on quite a journey to motherhood, but I'm so blessed with my sweet son Benjamin.
4. I love going to the gym - something about being around other people working out is very motivating to me
5. I love to blast music in my house and dance around like a crazy woman with my son, who for now thinks it's the best thing ever.
6. I used to get spring fever every year when we lived in Indiana and the first warm day of the year I would HAVE to be outside as much as possible to soak in the sunshine. Now that we are in Texas, I get fall fever when it finally gets cool enough to enjoy being outside.
7. My idea of a great vacation is somewhere where there are things to do if we want to, but no pressure to do them if we don't. And where there is a great beach and I have lots of good books to read while I sit on it. I also think a cruise would be fun!
8. When I find something I'm interested in, I do it with everything I've got. Unfortunately this often leads to burnout and I get tired of it and give up - guess I need to work on that.
9. The area that has captured my interest at this time is my family's health. I practically live in the kitchen as I'm experimenting with new things. I'm hoping that healthy eating will become a way for life for us, and not just a whim.
10. This past New Years was only my second time to see the ball drop on TV (last year was my first time), and I'm still wondering what all the fuss is about.
11. I love changes of seasons. There's just something so refreshing about them.
12. I played the piano for 10 years and even started college as a piano major, but I hate performing, so I gave it up. Now I wish we had a piano so I could play sometimes just for fun.
13. I still kind of act like a 5 year old when it comes time for my birthday. I get all excited that it's coming and I love getting spoiled by my hubby.
14. I had a crush on Matt when I first met him when I was 15 and I told God he was the one I wanted to marry. I'm so thankful that God gave me what I asked for.
15. I loved Basketball when I was in in high school and since I was homeschooled in a small town, there were no teams for me to play on, so I started a team in our homeschool group. Being the naive and sheltered children that we were, we decided it would be cool to name our team "The Black Panthers." To this day I cannot believe all of our parents allowed us to put felt letters on our uniforms with that name and then go out a play against other teams.
16. I just love watching Benjamin learn and comprehend the world around him. He just gets so excited about it all.
17. One of the coolest airports I have ever been in was in Abu Dhabi. Royal blue mosaic tiles were all over the walls and it was beautiful.
18. I am terrified of heights. My heart pounds and I start to sweat even when I'm several feet away from the edge of something. However, I love flying. Go figure.
19. I love empty spaces. I love walking into a closet or looking in a drawer and seeing room. Even if something is well organized, I hate when it's filled to capacity with stuff.
20. I really wonder what heaven will be like.
21. One of my favorite things about San Antonio is my church. I'm so thankful for good friends there.
22. Sunsets are one of my favorite things to watch - I never get tired of seeing each one.
23. I'm addicted to reading other people's blogs.
24. Bluebell ice cream is definitely my favorite. I will miss it if we ever move back north.
25. Coming up with 25 things about myself was actually really hard to do and I have wasted way too much time doing it. :)