Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Adventure Continues

Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:13-14



The Lord gave me this verse through my friend Katie yesterday and then reinforced it through my Bible study where that same verse was in our video. At the time, I actually didn't know it was for me and thought it was just for Katie. But oh how I love our God. He does not limit Himself to working in just one of us at a time. Praise Him!

When I got home from Bible study last night I checked my e-mail and had an e-mail from the birthmother whose baby we had been moving toward adopting. The Lord had led her back to deciding to place her baby with us for adoption and she wanted to know if we were still interested. Praise the Lord. We spoke with her last night and the Lord continued to confirm to us that we were to once again move forward. We leave for California tomorrow. I just love that this was not a surprise to God. He saw the whole thing and is still seeing it. I love that He is God over time and can move mountains.

So please pray for us! I have a TON to do today and probably should not even be on here to update, but I just had to let you know what God is doing! Please continue to believe with us that the Lord will bring this about and pray for each and every detail to continue to fall into place.

2 comments:

Melody said...

I don't usually comment on here, but I just had to. I'm soooo excited to be getting another nephew. =) <3 <3 And I'm just in awe at how amazing God is. And at how well you and Matt have handled this whole situation with all it's roller coaster moments. I'm so thankful I have a sister and brother-in-law like you.

~Mel

Raul and Catie said...

wow...waiting on Him is always the best move, yeah? :) so happy for you three! what a great testimony to hear right now. Praise Him!